Post by Mike Zimmer (America's Next Popp Model)
Apologies for the delayed post. I was so excited watching that San Fransisco Defense last night that I got a little too tipsy to put together my thoughts from the weekend. But can you blame me? Pick Six, Fumble, 7 Sacks for 54 yards lost, and only 3 field goals against; This is why we love the game!
I'm really hoping that this defensive masterclass opens The Head Coach's eyes to the reality that defense is what really wins you games. I know I've made this point before but flashy offensive players only get you so far. The Head Coach said he was so busy trying to lineup a trade for Geno Smith that he wouldn't have time to focus on our defensive coverage. I was forced to threaten to go on strike if The Head Coach didn't pick up the 49ers Defense. Hopefully, this good performance means I won't need to rely on ultimatums in the future.
But I don't want any of that to take away from the fact that this was a great fucking weekend for our squad. The big W brings us back to being serious contenders in the playoff hunt. Even though we've had a few lucky breaks with divisional rivals losing games, it's really amazing how far this team has bounced back after shitting the bed in the opening two weekends. Really proud of the team for rising to the challenge and avoiding becoming the league's punching bag. Now we're in the chase with the rest of the big dogs!
Huge match up this weekend. If we can keep this good momentum going, we've got a chance to pull away from the pack. We'll be ready to give 'em hell!
No comments:
Post a Comment