Monday, September 19, 2022

Petition to ban Pat from the league 2022 - Post #6

Post by Mike Zimmer (America's Next Popp Model)

These have been the most frustrating weekends of football I've had to suffer through. Fundamentals don't mean shit when this stupid fantasy points system rewards things like Lamar Jackson getting 42 points for losing his football game. Most of this fantasy stuff really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me but I'm getting paid to do a job so I need to focus on how to make our team better.


The most obvious switch has got to be in the FLEX slot. Darnell Mooney has been awful and just blew his last shot as far as I'm concerned. His combined 2.4 points from the opening two games is a shocking return for a rostered player, let alone a goddamn starter. Thankfully, we already have a suitable replacement in our ranks. Rashod Bateman looked solid in Week 1 and proved this weekend that he deserves the start. I'm proud of Bateman keeping his nose to the grindstone and earning a spot in the starting lineup. I'm excited to see what he can provide for us in the FLEX.   


The Head Coach is always insisting that there's some sort of agenda against our team. I figured he was just being paranoid but this schedule's got me thinking he might have a point. Not only have we had to face off against division rivals in Weeks 1 and 2, our opponents ended both weekends as the highest scoring teams. Having to stack up against 329 points in the opening two matchups is a huge challenge for any team, but it doesn't change the fact that we still needed those wins. West division is filled with high scoring teams and we need to beat other playoff hopefuls if we want a real post-season. 


We face the auto-drafted team next and, I can't overstate this, the whole season hinges on this one. Got to get that win because losing would mean no shot at the playoffs, let alone the Head Coach's ridiculous championship dreams.  


Our backs are against the wall and we're going to need to fight like hell to not have our season over by the end of Week 3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gin and Chronic Message Board - Post #9

Post by CoachZIM (America's Next Popp Model) With any luck, this season will be considered the worst one in the history of this league. ...