Monday, September 12, 2022

Petition to ban Pat from the league 2022 - Post #5

Post by Mike Zimmer (America's Next Popp Model)

Well, we're off to a bad start. A poor game from the first round pick, shitty FLEX decision, and stomach wrenching defensive choices. It stings even more to lose to a team dumb enough to draft a QB in the first round. The biggest lesson I learned during my career in the NFL is that QBs ain't worth shit. America's Next Popp Model won the QB battle but lost the defensive battle and, as a result, the whole match up. Proof that fundamentals like defense are more important than flashy names that sell jerseys.

A big reason I agreed to join this organization was because they drafted a defense in the 7th round last year. During the preseason, The Head Coach and I ran thousands of mock drafts where I kept stressing the need to prioritize a defense. But on the night, he ignored my phone calls and waited all the way until the 14th round to make his selection. You're really going to tell me Raheem Mostert is more valuable than a reliable defense/special teams? Don't think so. After the draft, The Head Coach started saying that we can just swap the defense each week depending on match-ups, which is exactly what fucking killed us this weekend.

Despite waiting until late in the draft, The Head Coach somehow managed to snag the Steelers D. A stroke of dumb luck that had me breathing a sigh of relief. But the next day, The Head Coach informs me we'll be dropping Pittsburgh for the Bengals D. I kept pleading with him not to do this move but he kept citing the projections and made the switch. I hate these stupid fucking projections. Sure enough, Steelers D racked up 22 points this weekend and we missed out on 18 points. Those points would have made up for The Head Coach’s first round flop and many other slip ups. I know it's only Week 1 but The Head Coach has already made a whole season's worth of mistakes. We really got to tighten things up if we're hoping to meet our goals this season.

No need to panic, we got the rest of the season to do better. We'll be ready to bounce back next weekend.

One more thought for the members of this league; Make sure you check in on whoever is running the Password is Taco team. Only 62 points from the starters and getting outscored by their own bench. That's got to hurt. Plus Rat Kings really made sure this was one of the worst beat downs I've ever seen. I really can't believe all of you were bad enough to let that person win last year, but at least it's looking like a short reign for Password is Taco. I know this is a friend league, so you ought to show some empathy for the poor manager and make sure they're doing okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gin and Chronic Message Board - Post #9

Post by CoachZIM (America's Next Popp Model) With any luck, this season will be considered the worst one in the history of this league. ...